Life Lately: I’m Still Alive
1. I know that I have a lot of explanations to make because I’ve been one lazy lady for the past few days. Anyways, Tatay came home from Singapore for Lolo’s 1st death anniversary last week. Time flies too fast, but the pain still feels the same. I miss him so much.
2. What I love about tatay being here: I have someone to run weekend errands with. His flight was actually booked today, but he re-booked his ticker, so we will have him here until Sunday!!
3. Last Sunday, we had dinner at our favorite restaurant that opened again after a few months of renovation. The place is a little crowded last Sunday than our latter visits because the place looked a lot better now and the excellent food comes with a really cheap price.
4. Countless road trips with the family since the weekend.
5. I don’t know what to do with my hair anymore. It’s too long now, and I’m really wanting a digi perm, but a part of me wants to get a short haircut (as in shooort like shoulder-length cut). I’m not a risk taker when it comes to my hair. It’s been years since I had my haircut for 5 inches and up. What do you think guys, digi-perm or bob cut?
6. Feeling really infinite right now. It feels like things are falling into their right places, and I’m hoping that this one stays longer that I could ever imagine. Also thanking the guy who does not want to see me copying assignments, so he takes a lot of time teaching me with some lessons I have a hard time coping up with. I owe you big time!
7. I got nutella & GO for a post-valentine’s gift from tatay. Thank you!!
8. School work load is getting a lot heavier because the school year’s almost ending and we’re starting to get a lot busy with our performance tasks and summative tests. Actually, we’re gonna make a mini roller coaster (or whatever they call it) for our project in physics!! Hyped with the idea, but the laziness inside me can’t keep calm.
9. This week was full of chill nights with the family.
10. New found love for my grandma’s garden. I don’t even know why.
11. I discovered a cheaper haven to spend late night weekdays with my school work. My summer will be a bit longer than the usual so I have to save money which means that I have to lessen my Starbucks visit.
1. Coffee date
2. Lie low from school work
3. Seeing the Philippine cinematography improve
4. Midnight family road trips
5. The happiest 14th so far
6. Life conversations with Eloi
7. Staying up late for video presentations
8. Finally back to photography
9. Sweet and little efforts
10. The Walking Dead is back
Thank you for the 100 reminders
And I’ve always lived like this
Growing up, I was afraid and cynical of loving more. I witnessed so many friends got their heart broken to unworthy people. They never get the chance to pick up the pieces and stand up again. They were so torn, and I was then so afraid. I drew a line and made a great distance of loving people too much. I was always reluctant of being ‘more’.
Then came hope. You became the exception to every fear, every disappointment and every what-ifs. I removed the line I drew because you made me realize that getting in despair is fine because loving the right people is always worth every pain.After all, I finally grasped that love doesn’t change us, it makes us believe.
"Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room."
1. Celebrated Lola’s 66th birthday! She was the one who taught me how to pray and dragged my sibs and I to church every Sunday when we were kids. I guess I’ll never be able to keep this story going without her. Love you to bits, lola!
2. Chill monday! We had no classes because of the fiesta in Silang (much love for the mayor)!! Ahhh, holidays during a Monday are always the best thing.
3. Retreat!! It was really fun and bittersweet to spend quality time with the guys I have been with for almost 3 years. Most of our conversations now are composed of college and stuff, and I can’t even. Anyways, the photos were up in Facebook last night and deeeeem, we had 1500+ pictures. More of the retreat, here.
4. So everyone discovered Flappy Bird this week. Of course, I downloaded it and gave the game a try. I got addicted to it for a day and so, but I stopped after a while. Not for me, bro. What’s my high score? Hahahahahaha… sorry, but my dad’s high score is 199.
5. Finally got a confirmation from UP. I got accepted in UP-LB!! Hoping for any course related to med because my current stat is DPWAS (Degree Program with Available Slot).To the anon in my AskFM who keeps on telling me to pursue my dream school, I’m not giving up on UST, okay? Who knows, I might pursue medical school in there.
6. Thank you! It’s been a long time since I got someone that I can talk to about anything under the sun. Best. Friend+Gitarista. Ever.
7. Running again after 2 weeks! My legs are hurting right now because I forgot to stretch yesterday, haha! My bad.
8. 5-month vacation is confirmed, I guess? I might stay at dad’s place for a while or enroll myself in any summer lessons. Thinking of drum lessons because it has been my frustration since then! Or dancing, maybe? I don’t know, but I need to get a calendar and plan, because it will be a long hella vacation, and my fingers are crossed that it’ll be really fun!
9. My dad talked about my summer plans and he asked if I wanted to apply for a summer job in there. I know that it’ll be a quite long process because I have to arrange a lot of things before even being able to work there, but I’m really looking to it!!
10. This week, I also learned that people have reasons. They are like that because they’ve experienced something before. We have fears, and sometimes, these fears can get their way through us that they define what we do and the choices we make. We make mistakes. And this is one thing we have to understand with the people around us. They are not okay, they’re as fearful as we are even if they don’t look like it. Don’t judge too quickly.
Retreat: February 4-5, 2014.
This was my 4th time in the Oasis and the most memorable!! The latter visits were for the recollection during 1st to 3rd year. We were given 2 days and 1 night to enjoy each other’s company, eat nonstop (somehow) and to take a LOT of pictures!! Warning: this blog post is photo heavy.
When we got there, we were given house rules and a short orientation. Our adviser, with the help of the pres and vp, was the one who gave the room assignments.
Room 2 peeps!
If I’m not mistaken, I think this dog is staying in Oasis since forever
Lian, Therese and I with the Hannibal boys yow
run, run, run, run
It looks so peaceful, I can stay there forever
Yna, Amabs, Eloi
Our schedule was mostly free time, eat and sessions+sharing.
Every sharing turned to photo shoots, sorry not sorry we vain peeps
We had our sharing/open forum during the night, even if we weren’t able to force our retreat master to let us have the bonfire… this will still be the best part for me. It’s been 3 years, and we just had to thank a lot of people, say sorry for a lot of things, reconcile, forgive, forget, commend, correct and love each other.
day 2 was composed of more pictures!!!
Had a good time talking to Donna and Tonyo. Anthony has been my classmate since 1st year and probably the funniest guy I’ve ever met in my whole life.
Lian and Yna
will always thank these girls for always being there for me, love you gurls
We never run out of things to talk about. Had so much fun with this guy
with Ma’am Bell! Had so much fun talking to her the whole night, she slept at our room!!!
Cess, Bea, Therese
Love this photo!!
While waiting for the last part of our retreat
Jovet and Vida
Cess, during the mass
Waiting for 3PM
Therese looked liked her mother in here!!!!
You guys will always be one of the best things that happened to my life. Thank you, Hannibal/Francis/Lorenzo!
Themes by The Little Mermaid, Kisty