SUPPORT MY BLOG!
Want a blog Button swap? Click here!
Blogs to Love
"Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room."
1. Celebrated Lola’s 66th birthday! She was the one who taught me how to pray and dragged my sibs and I to church every Sunday when we were kids. I guess I’ll never be able to keep this story going without her. Love you to bits, lola!
2. Chill monday! We had no classes because of the fiesta in Silang (much love for the mayor)!! Ahhh, holidays during a Monday are always the best thing.
3. Retreat!! It was really fun and bittersweet to spend quality time with the guys I have been with for almost 3 years. Most of our conversations now are composed of college and stuff, and I can’t even. Anyways, the photos were up in Facebook last night and deeeeem, we had 1500+ pictures. More of the retreat, here.
4. So everyone discovered Flappy Bird this week. Of course, I downloaded it and gave the game a try. I got addicted to it for a day and so, but I stopped after a while. Not for me, bro. What’s my high score? Hahahahahaha… sorry, but my dad’s high score is 199.
5. Finally got a confirmation from UP. I got accepted in UP-LB!! Hoping for any course related to med because my current stat is DPWAS (Degree Program with Available Slot).To the anon in my AskFM who keeps on telling me to pursue my dream school, I’m not giving up on UST, okay? Who knows, I might pursue medical school in there.
6. Thank you! It’s been a long time since I got someone that I can talk to about anything under the sun. Best. Friend+Gitarista. Ever.
7. Running again after 2 weeks! My legs are hurting right now because I forgot to stretch yesterday, haha! My bad.
8. 5-month vacation is confirmed, I guess? I might stay at dad’s place for a while or enroll myself in any summer lessons. Thinking of drum lessons because it has been my frustration since then! Or dancing, maybe? I don’t know, but I need to get a calendar and plan, because it will be a long hella vacation, and my fingers are crossed that it’ll be really fun!
9. My dad talked about my summer plans and he asked if I wanted to apply for a summer job in there. I know that it’ll be a quite long process because I have to arrange a lot of things before even being able to work there, but I’m really looking to it!!
10. This week, I also learned that people have reasons. They are like that because they’ve experienced something before. We have fears, and sometimes, these fears can get their way through us that they define what we do and the choices we make. We make mistakes. And this is one thing we have to understand with the people around us. They are not okay, they’re as fearful as we are even if they don’t look like it. Don’t judge too quickly.
Retreat: February 4-5, 2014.
This was my 4th time in the Oasis and the most memorable!! The latter visits were for the recollection during 1st to 3rd year. We were given 2 days and 1 night to enjoy each other’s company, eat nonstop (somehow) and to take a LOT of pictures!! Warning: this blog post is photo heavy.
When we got there, we were given house rules and a short orientation. Our adviser, with the help of the pres and vp, was the one who gave the room assignments.
Room 2 peeps!
If I’m not mistaken, I think this dog is staying in Oasis since forever
Lian, Therese and I with the Hannibal boys yow
run, run, run, run
It looks so peaceful, I can stay there forever
Yna, Amabs, Eloi
Our schedule was mostly free time, eat and sessions+sharing.
Every sharing turned to photo shoots, sorry not sorry we vain peeps
We had our sharing/open forum during the night, even if we weren’t able to force our retreat master to let us have the bonfire… this will still be the best part for me. It’s been 3 years, and we just had to thank a lot of people, say sorry for a lot of things, reconcile, forgive, forget, commend, correct and love each other.
day 2 was composed of more pictures!!!
Had a good time talking to Donna and Tonyo. Anthony has been my classmate since 1st year and probably the funniest guy I’ve ever met in my whole life.
Lian and Yna
will always thank these girls for always being there for me, love you gurls
We never run out of things to talk about. Had so much fun with this guy
with Ma’am Bell! Had so much fun talking to her the whole night, she slept at our room!!!
Cess, Bea, Therese
Love this photo!!
While waiting for the last part of our retreat
Jovet and Vida
Cess, during the mass
Waiting for 3PM
Therese looked liked her mother in here!!!!
You guys will always be one of the best things that happened to my life. Thank you, Hannibal/Francis/Lorenzo!
i. The first time is when he looks at you as if you’re something valuable, then he says your name and he makes it sound so soft and special that for a split second, you’re convinced it’s the only word he knows.
ii. The second time is when you spend the night together under the stars, laughing and crying and talking about things you would never have told anyone. And then you shiver—not because the wind is strong, cold, but because you are suddenly overwhelmed with the spontaneity of it all.
iii. The third time is when you sit next to him at the cinema and he slowly reaches for your hand, and instead of watching the film, your attention shifts to the buzzing space in between your entwined palms.
iv. The fourth time is when he kisses you on the lips, and the moment is too beautiful to be afraid so you forget to ask him why.
v. The fifth time is when he falls asleep on your lap at two in the morning and he looks so beautiful without even trying, and you smile because you finally realize that somewhere in the middle of it all, the boy with the ocean eyes have taught you how to drown…in love.
vi. And the thing is, you don’t even bother to swim your way out.
— (via uniquecole)
“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soulmate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” ― Marilyn Monroe
Life Lately: Last week of 1/14 in polaroid photos
1. AJPM’s 3rd anniversary last week! We weren’t able to ‘celebrate’ it, but we made this video the day before. Less than 2 months before graduation, and I hope that we’ll be able to maximize the time for bonding and chilling after school.
2. Went to Silang with St. Hannibal last weekend!! For four years of studying in Rogationist, it’s actually my first time to celebrate fiesta in Silang. Never thought it was gonna be that fun (but hella tiring, rawr)!! Thank you for the food + videoke, Ange!
3. Pizza dinner with the family! We celebrated grandma’s birthday and retirement. She has been a very big inspiration to me when it comes to hard work.
4. I’ve been having the worst mood swings for the past few days, and I know that you can’t understand me, but you try your best to. I’m really really sorry. Thank you for your patience… I appreciate it bigtime.
5. I’ve been seeing a lot of American Horror Story tweets in my timeline last week, so I decided to download the first 2 episodes of it, but I didn’t finish the pilot episode because I wasn’t able to handle some scary and matured scenes. Maybe next time, AHS.
6. Sunset at the rooftop. Got hold of the best seat at the house. I really need more of this one.
7. Wasn’t able to get a slot for my dream course in UST – Med Tech. And I’m currently on the waiting list for Pharmacy. It was a frustrating moment when I knew, but I have to thank my friends (hi hannimals, thank you guys) for comforting me all through out my crazy sobs.
8. 110th tomorrow. I have to make up my mind.
January was a bit odd, new, frustrating and bliss all the same time, but I’m thankful that I was able to overcome (and still trying to) my struggles and fears last month. How was the first month of your 2014, guys?
1. Hard work will not always equate to success. You can always put up a good fight and sacrifice an awful lot, but you can still end up losing. It is not okay, but it will be.
2. Sometimes, no matter how hard it is, it is better to overlook the pain and forgive. It will make the world a better place to live in, believe me.
3. It is okay to believe in people, but keep in mind that people are people. Even those we look up to have their own demons. They make mistakes… a lot.
4. Gossip doesn’t need to be false to be evil. There’s a lot of truth that shouldn’t be passed around. I am very lucky to be with someone who reminds me that it is never okay to talk about people behind their backs even if it is not intended to hurt them.
5. Feelings will fade and butterflies will end. Love will have to stay by choice. It will be hard, but if someone is worth every pain, always choose to keep on loving. Pain is a reminder that we’re human beings - capable of love and sacrifice. Choose the people who matter.
6. Surround yourself with friends who have goals and dreams. They will and can influence you with hard work and a positive outlook in life.
Themes by The Little Mermaid, Kisty