Follow Blancaflor's Instagram here
CONTACTBlaancaflor is open for collaborations, product reviews, sponsorships and advertisments. For more information, message and inquire at: email@example.com
Blogs to Love
Want a Blog Button Swap? Click here.
And I started to consider all the things I should probably do to forget everything; however, I am left with nothing - no manual, instructions or map - because after one hundred days, I have already convinced myself that I will never have to do this. I do not need to let this go. Honestly, I have no idea where to go, how to start and when to move, yet the decision has been made and in a blink of an eye, I was all alone.
I will never forget all the words that crushed every part of me, it sounds poetic, but it is not. All this time, I thought that broken hearts and crashed souls are just words to describe the pain; nevertheless, I found out that it was truer than anything else.
I am moving forward because the idea of hoping for nothing pains me, but with that said, I will still be here, waiting. Ironic, even so, I guess the love is never a mere feeling, it is a decision I make every single day. And after all, I still choose love.
UPLB: Enrollment Day x Pre-College Orientation
Never thought I would have survived this day and even make new friends. Yesterday, May 28th, I was scheduled for my enrollement and pre-college orientation. Michael, Vida, Liza and Angelo (HS Classmates) were scheduled on the same date too, but the difference was they were all scheduled on the afternoon and with all the odds, mine was vice verse, so I was left alone. It was still a blessing in disguise, I guess, because at least I got to be out of my comfort zone and figure things out on my own.
We left in Cavite before 6AM and because my mom’s a pretty fast driver that morning, we were there after an hour and a half. We had a hard time finding the right way to go to the OUR because we were not familiar with the campus.
My mom left me there, and the enrollment went pretty smoothly. I got my schedule and I will be taking 18 units this semester. I think my schedule is A alright, though I have 3 classes until 7PM. The only line that had me waiting for 15-20 minutes was the picture taking for the ID. We met up with Tita Lisa after my enrollment and stayed at the DevCom building. Before the orientation, we had lunch at Faustina’s. They serve the best thin-crust pizza ever!!I It’s a small restaurant, but the interior was vintage. Tita Lisa told us that the restaurant was named after the grandmother of the owner, Lola Faustina Flores-Habito. Her pictures were all over the restaurant as well. Also bought my first university shirt just across the restaurant, woohoo!
After our lunch, we headed straight to the Student Union Building for the orientation. We were asked to register first then we were grouped to meet (or actually memorize) 15 people, know their course and find out where they are from. Luckily, I was not called, but really had a lot of fun because most of the people inside our group were really cray! We played games shortly and the facilitators were really funny.
When the games were finished, we were divided into smaller groups, assigned to a certain facilitator/s and went outside. Ate Karen and Ate Andy discussed about our schedule, transportation, buildings, myths running around the campus, dorms, profs and university. 10 minutes before the time, we were asked to make a cheer. Group 7 is on the go!
The orientation ended and we were headed home. As you can see, there were no pictures because I actually forgot. Well, I’d have all the time I need for a photo-walk when the first semester starts. The day went pretty great, even more than what I expected actually. It was pretty odd, but it actually felt home.
And even if I ended up alone I will still try to be happy. But don’t expect me to be in complete bliss, there will always be days when I will think of you, days that I will regret for not doing my best for you to stay, days that I’m going to miss you, especially your laugh when i crack a joke, your smile when you see me, your husky voice when we talk, and the feeling when I’m with you. I will always think of that moment, the moment when you were still mine.
— nostalgia (via itslouminosity)
1. We have been very odd for the past few days. As much as possible, I do not want to bring this up; however, I have realized one thing: I am still scared to death. I do not know why.
2. Updated my planner last weekend. Checked how the first few months went by, and grasped how busy I was during my senior year. Depression hit me like a storm back then, gladly, everything was worth it and I got back up again. Kudos to all of the incoming seniors in RC!
3. It’s been 2 months since my grandparents moved to Canada, but I still miss them anyway. It would be a very different ‘Denise’ if we didn’t grew up with them, so I am very thankful to have a set of grandparents like them. Cannot wait to see them next year!
4. Missing high school. One week left before RC starts the first day of the school year and it feels weird that I’m not buying school supplies and stuff. College orientation and enrollment on the 28th. Hoping that everything falls into their places… friends please!
5. Sundays are becoming more special because we’re starting to have this weekly lunch at Grandma’s house. Last Sunday, Classical songs were being played over lunch and it was just perfect. After lunch, while browsing through grandpa’s diary, I found a love letter written 4 decades ago: “Amid strident hope for your parents approval, solidifying our way I am still ardently and profoundly inlove with you.”
6. Jal and I are not the sweet type of siblings. We fight like crazy, but we make sure we always have each other’s back. It would be a big difference that we will be enrolled on different schools for this year. I cannot do my duties as the protective sister though!
If you read my past blog posts, you probably have known that I cut my white rice, bread, soda and other high-in-carbs food intake, and also began to workout. To this, I received some questions asking me of my routines and what I eat.
Well, I am not much of an expert and everything I am doing is just from the internet. So here they go: I eat 6 times a day (3 snacks, 3 meals). I also gave up fast foods and pastries. I still eat (dark) chocolates, but in moderation. I workout 4 times a week, mostly HIIT, abs and legs. I run 3-4 times a week, 30 minutes. Also starting a once a week Muay Thai training. Again, I am not trying to lose weight, i just want to get my body toned and live a healthy life. Yay!
Anyways, all I can really share to you guys is a list of songs I listen to whenever I workout. These songs have been very helpful to, and never fails to keep me motivated. I mean, who runs without music, right?
Here goes my Run x Werq mixtape:
1. I Love It - Icona Pop
2. Bad (Radio Edit) -David Guetta and Showtek feat. Vessy
3. Braveheart - Neon Jungle
4. Team (Elephant Remix) - Lorde
5. Thrift Shop- Mackelemore and Ryan Lewis
6. Animals - Martin Garrix
7. Dark Horse - Katy Perry
8. Radioactive ft. Kendrick Lamar - Radioactive
9. Turn Up The Music - Chris Brown
10. #Selfie - The Chainsmokers
11. Safe and Sound - Capital Cities
12. Ready For The Weekend - Icona Pop
13. Remember The Name - Fort Minor
14. Turn Around - Conor Maynard ft. Ne-Yo
That ends my second mixtape this summer. Happy weekend, everyone!
Themes by The Little Mermaid, Kisty