Life Lately: Last week of 1/14 in polaroid photos
1. AJPM’s 3rd anniversary last week! We weren’t able to ‘celebrate’ it, but we made this video the day before. Less than 2 months before graduation, and I hope that we’ll be able to maximize the time for bonding and chilling after school.
2. Went to Silang with St. Hannibal last weekend!! For four years of studying in Rogationist, it’s actually my first time to celebrate fiesta in Silang. Never thought it was gonna be that fun (but hella tiring, rawr)!! Thank you for the food + videoke, Ange!
3. Pizza dinner with the family! We celebrated grandma’s birthday and retirement. She has been a very big inspiration to me when it comes to hard work.
4. I’ve been having the worst mood swings for the past few days, and I know that you can’t understand me, but you try your best to. I’m really really sorry. Thank you for your patience… I appreciate it bigtime.
5. I’ve been seeing a lot of American Horror Story tweets in my timeline last week, so I decided to download the first 2 episodes of it, but I didn’t finish the pilot episode because I wasn’t able to handle some scary and matured scenes. Maybe next time, AHS.
6. Sunset at the rooftop. Got hold of the best seat at the house. I really need more of this one.
7. Wasn’t able to get a slot for my dream course in UST – Med Tech. And I’m currently on the waiting list for Pharmacy. It was a frustrating moment when I knew, but I have to thank my friends (hi hannimals, thank you guys) for comforting me all through out my crazy sobs.
8. 110th tomorrow. I have to make up my mind.
January was a bit odd, new, frustrating and bliss all the same time, but I’m thankful that I was able to overcome (and still trying to) my struggles and fears last month. How was the first month of your 2014, guys?
1. Hard work will not always equate to success. You can always put up a good fight and sacrifice an awful lot, but you can still end up losing. It is not okay, but it will be.
2. Sometimes, no matter how hard it is, it is better to overlook the pain and forgive. It will make the world a better place to live in, believe me.
3. It is okay to believe in people, but keep in mind that people are people. Even those we look up to have their own demons. They make mistakes… a lot.
4. Gossip doesn’t need to be false to be evil. There’s a lot of truth that shouldn’t be passed around. I am very lucky to be with someone who reminds me that it is never okay to talk about people behind their backs even if it is not intended to hurt them.
5. Feelings will fade and butterflies will end. Love will have to stay by choice. It will be hard, but if someone is worth every pain, always choose to keep on loving. Pain is a reminder that we’re human beings - capable of love and sacrifice. Choose the people who matter.
6. Surround yourself with friends who have goals and dreams. They will and can influence you with hard work and a positive outlook in life.
January has been a fine and crazy month: 2014, school probs, new-blog-post ideas, intramurals, #J, stress, The Life of Walter Mitty, running, new friends, cheer dance, The Fault in Our Stars trailer, my first lower-than-85 grade and more stress. Ending my January on a holiday (Happy Chinese New Year, guys) and my second haul!
That ends my second haul, and I’m actually thinking of doing the next one with books! Have a great weekend, peeps!
What is/are your favorite/s from my second haul? Let me know!
I could have chosen a photo that is containing 15 more people from our group, and looked a lot better than this one; however, I chose this photo because it is a metaphor of how tenacious we have become after 3 years of friendship. This photo was taken yesterday, and I am aware that deep inside, none of us were really happy “happy”, but we looked like nothing but the normal group, AJPM.
The metaphor part, okay. I can’t say that it is failing to remember all of our challenges when we are together, but it is more of being united in every prob and trusting each other that we can get through almost anything because of what we can become when we are together. We’ve done and been through so much to give this one up. We have to be strong not only because it’s one thing we can do for each other, but in view of the fact that we really are.
I’m sorry, I never intended to make this anniversary blog post sad or dramatic, but I just can’t help it… I love you guys. Honestly, I don’t know how we can get through this, but there’s one thing I know for sure, we will.
Happy 3rd anniversary, AJPM!
i. Why does ‘goodnight’ feel like goodbye?
ii. My sanity is your mere existence.
iii. You are not the only one.
iv. I have scary four am thoughts.
v. It is all about losing you.
vi. We will get through this, love.
Something To Remember this week:
1. We had our fun run last Monday. I wasn’t able to participate all because SBO officers were ought to stay in different stations where we are assigned to help the other organizers of the activity. I was assigned in the finish line, the Tagaytay Oval, which is a good thing, I guess. We didn’t do much except for arranging the water bottles. So proud of my batch mates!! Some were able to run the 5.5 kilometers distance in the span of 15 freakin’ minutes!!!
2. Intrams week!! I wasn’t allowed to play because of what happened to me last intrams, but I was lucky enough to be able to participate in the Cheer dance competition. To make the story short, I didn’t do much, but eat an awful lot and watch basketball games.
3. From Tuesday to Thursday, we had cheer dance practices from 4PM-6PM. It was tiring because I still had to commute instead of sleeping in the service after a long day, but no ragrats… it was all worth it. Missing the guys a lot!!
4. Attended Hanny Pearl’s debut last Saturday!! Finally, my church mates from Unida and I were reunited after a long time. We just had a little time catching up, but it was really fun. Can’t wait to check the pictures!!
5. Cheer dance competition last Friday. Loved our make up and costume to death!! I will be making a separate blog post for this one.. just waiting for the pictures. Uhh, we weren’t able to bring home the bacon, but I’d rather focus on how a great bond and friendship was made between our group. Will miss our unending cheese bread supply every afternoon and power trips!!
7. I wasn’t able to run the whole week with no reasonable excuses. Have to get back on track this week!
8. Finally came to the point of accepting the fact that I am a sucker for contact lens!! My eyes are so sensitive when it comes to colored contact lens, so I have to stick to pricey clear contact lens.
9. Someone got a sure slot for college. So proud and excited for that guy!!
How was your week, guys? :)
Themes by The Little Mermaid, Kisty